Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Going Vegetarian? Foliage

 It's getting cold again. I have to get out to snap some nice photos of the Autumn leaves. I think the peak is this weekend.
 There is this episode (Lethal Weapons) from Family Guy when New Yorkers or "leafers" invade the quiet town of Quahog to watch the leaves. I am a leafer! I mean, how can anyone not be? They're fabulous!
 I am sharing some of my favorite foliage photos. How do foliage colors happen? (click here to find out.)

 The dish today is a simple whole wheat pasta dish. This definitely does not qualify as cooking, but it's pretty fast and convenient. I am trying to go semi-vegetarian. Growing up, my mother was obsessed with nutrition and the quality of our food, so we only ate meat once a week. I will try to go back to that level first.







Recipe: Whole Wheat Pasta and Vegetables


  • Whole wheat pasta
  • 2 cups mix of your favorite vegetables (washed and sliced in little pieces). I used: corn, broccoli, carrots, green beans, peas, onions. You can use frozen veggies too.
  • 3 tbsp olive oil.
  • Fresh basil and Italian seasoning (to taste).
  • 1 jar Rao's Vodka Sauce (or your favorite spaghetti sauce).
  • shaved parmesan cheese (for garnish, to taste).

  1. Boil the pasta according to instructions.
  2. Heat the olive oil with basil and Italian seasoning.
  3. Mix in the vegetables, and keep on heat for five minutes.
  4. Add the Rao's Vodka Sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes.
  5. Serve and garnish with shaved parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment