Tuesday, September 4, 2012

2 Great Side Dishes. Cooking and Lifestyle

 Today I added the subtitle: "cooking after office.. with a touch of style" to my blog. I have many hobbies, though some of them are only temporary (like when I met V., watching soccer became my hobby, until I married him.)
 My passion, however, is for fashion, yoga, running, cooking, and sitting alone in a cozy cafe sipping hot caramel cappuccino while working on my laptop.  
 I have to squeeze all my hobbies into life after work.  
 I still struggle to establish some sort of balance (because life is hectic, and work plus baby is nunca easy). It will happen though, someday..

 The dishes are two great side dishes. Very fast to prepare in case you didn't have much time.

Recipe: Breaded Shrimp 





  • 13 large shelled and veined shrimps (cooked)
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp paprika
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 2 eggs (seasoning: 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano)
  • vegetable oil 
  • 1 cup Italian breading
  1. Using a fork, beat the eggs with their seasoning.
  2. Mix the flour with 1tbsp paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
  3. Heat about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet.
  4. Dip the shrimps (one at a time) in the flour mix, then the eggs, then the Italian breading.
  5. Fry the shrimps, about 1 minute on each side, or until golden red.

Recipe: Potatoes and Eggs


  • 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes, each side about 1/2 inch.
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Lebanese all spice (or poultry spice), 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
  • 4 tbsps olive oil+1 tbsp olive oil
  1. Steam the potatoes (my mother fries them, I prefer them steamed)
  2. In a large skillet heat the olive oil, then add the potatoes. Push them to one side of the skillet.
  3. On the empty side, add the eggs, and then the spices. When the eggs harden a little, mix everything together, and keep mixing for about 4 minutes. 
  4. Add 1 tbsp olive oil or to taste.
Tip: Very good with hot sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment